Friday, August 8, 2014

In honor of breastfeeding week

I'm no longer nursing, but if you'd like to know my stats they are: 3 children for a grand total of 84 months, a few of those months were tandem nursing the girls.

This morning I overheard the girls playing with their animals and I could tell by their dialogue that nursing babies was past of the game.

I snuck up on them to take this picture. I wish I would have recorded them because the animals were "saying" things like:

Can I have some milk?
Here, have some milk.
Oh, I don't have anymore milk. Try my husband's.

As you can see in the picture, there is some inter-species nursing going on. It seems that between that, and the fact that my 5-year-old thinks that animal husbands can also provide milk, I need to set them straight.

But in the meantime I'll just enjoy my daughter's innocent, yet spot on, insight that mammal mothers nurse their babies.

No comments:

Post a Comment