Thursday, February 9, 2012

Jimmy Fallon and My Day Out

I have terrific friends.

In case you haven't heard, my friend Stephanie and I spent the day (as in day I mean about 23 hours) in Indianapolis on Sunday.

Yes, it was Super Bowl Sunday and yes, Indianapolis was the location of said Super Bowl.

"Who's going to the Super Bowl?"...............crickets.

We went to see Jimmy Fallon.  Stephanie scored two tickets to the Late Night with Jimmy Fallon Live Super Bowl Special.  How did this happen?  Amazing things happen to amazing people.  How did I get to go with her?  Not the same sentiment.  Basically, I was a pest.

But, our husbands are amazing and they made this happen for us.  The ultimate mom's night out.  Only, it took us about 16 hours to get ready for our night out.  We left at 4:30 a.m. and while we were heading east out of Valparaiso, this huge moon was lingering in the premature dawn sky.  It was the most beautiful omen.  It was if that moon winked at us and said, "The next time I see you ladies, you'll be over the moon."  I don't know about Steph, but I have a huge crush on Jimmy Fallon and it's no secret in my house.

To sum up our day - we parked at Stephanie's friend Emily's house and she dropped us off practically in front of the theater at 8:30.  Tickets were being distributed on a first come first serve basis between the hours of 10:00 and 5:30 and the fine print on Stephanie's email confirmation warned that this show was overbooked.  Read: get in line a few hours before the doors open.  We were actually a little worried that there would be a camping out scene and we wouldn't even get our tickets.

But we did ;)  And then we were instructed that doors would open at 10:15 and close for good at 11:15.  So, we had some time to kill.

We spent our afternoon doing mom's day out kind of stuff.  A quick stroll through Super Bowl village - okay, saw that.  Let's get sushi for lunch!  Then a movie (The Descendants), some goof around time in the mall, a stroll through downtown Indianapolis, then we went to a Super Bowl party at Sarah's house, another friend of Stephanie's.  After Madonna's half time show, Steph and I freshened up our lipstick and headed out for the big event - the Jimmy Fallon Live Super Bowl Show.

I think I'll have to write a separate blog about what it was like to be in the audience at that show, because boy is that a fun story.

But here I just want to say that I had a ton of fun.  Thank you to that big beautiful moon and thanks to Stephanie.  You are a great friend.

Oh, and my husband is, without a doubt, better than Jimmy Fallon.

1 comment:

  1. I messaged you before seeing this! I keep thinking about it all week as if it were a dream! And you were not a pest! It worked out just as it should have. I love when that happens!

    Steph

    ReplyDelete