Monday, September 5, 2011

What my kids say now

Luna is into self-decorating.  She also says, "I be careful."  It took me a few days to figure out that she says this to announce that she is, in fact, doing something dangerous.  It makes sense.  We see Luna climbing a chair, reaching up onto the counter, her chair rocking precariously beneath her and we say, "Be careful."  So now, when she stands on a stool (three-legged, meant for sitting at her tea table, not a step stool) to reach up into her closet, she hollers, "I be careful!"




Wolfie uses the term "butt cushions" as if it is a legitimate anatomical reference.  I mean, he's not being funny.  And I have to try really hard to not let him know that he is being funny because then we'll lose that innocence.

Finally, Tulip will begin pre-school this week.  She told our neighbor that she will have a new teacher, Mrs. Engibous, this year.  That's a mouthful.  She heard me say this once. 

No comments:

Post a Comment