Friday, August 19, 2011

I've Done This

I've let my children eat food that has fallen on the floor.

I suppose I should write that in the present tense, as it occurs with frequency.  I let my kids eat food that falls on the floor.  If my child was to drop a piece of food on your floor and you were to say, "Hey, three second rule!", my child would look at you with a blank expression.  Haven't introduced that phrase.  It's more of a pick it up and eat it now, later, whatever.

Of course there is the exception - we don't eat food that has fallen on public bathroom floors, I'm sure of it.  However, I cannot even picture a time when I was in a public bathroom with my children and they were eating.  Huh.  I guess I don't have to worry about that much.  Oh, and under the table of a restaurant if the floor is really gross.  It's hit or miss, but I guess I strive to teach my children to leave it be.

C'mom folks.  What's your food on the floor rule?


2 comments:

  1. I totally let the toddler eat grapes off the floor yesterday. I actually laughed to myself thinking, "what am I gonna let the 3rd baby due?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Food on the floor is totally okay unless it clings to dirt or hair, then we brush it off first.

    Steph

    ReplyDelete