Monday, August 15, 2011

Mary Glover

Wolfgang called me Mary Glover.

I am June Saavedra or, more simply, Mama.

He was engrossed in a book, spoke over his shoulder towards me and said, "Mary Glover, look at this picture.  It's blabbety blabbah blah..."  Well of course whatever he told me about the picture was very insightful and he spoke many elaborative sentences about it - as is his way.  But I was stunned somewhat by the casual and comfortable way he called me Mary Glover.  I mean, there was no snicker.  And this isn't even a reference to a-n-y-t-h-i-n-g in our lives.  It was no joke.

I responded, initially, to his observation of the picture in the book and then said, "Hey, Wolfie.  Did you just call me Mary Glover?"

He was momentarily sheepish about it and then cracked up, with me, at how funny it would be to call me Mary Glover.

Okay.  Do this.  Picture me (it helps if you know me personally).  Once you have an image of me in your head, say "Mary Glover".  Hysterical, right?

I asked him who Mary Glover was and for the first time in his life he was speechless.  Overcome with giggles, and speechless.

I am speechless too.  Who is Mary Glover?!?!?!?


No comments:

Post a Comment